Yemaya Assessu, Assessu Yemaya, Yemaya Olodo, Olodo Yemaya
What is does
The words invoke the energy of the Goddess of the Ocean to heal water.
An African healing mantra, this mantra calls upon the protective and caring Goddess of the Sea, Yemaya.
A celebration of the moment when the river meets the ocean.
Yemaya is the Goddess of the ocean and the mother of all Goddesses.
Southwest Florida Water
In Southwest Florida, this summer brought a lot of polluted oceans and rivers. The ocean here is the main reason why so many enjoy Southwest Florida. Fishing, families enjoying the beach and tourism have all been greatly affected by our polluted waters. Not only in Southwest Florida but all over the world, clean water is essential to our survival.
Healing Power of Words on Water
Have you heard of Dr. Emoto? Dr. Emoto did experiments with water by speaking words into the water then taking photos of the water crystals after he said those words. He found that if he said positive words like love and joy, the water created geometric shapes. When he said negative words like hate and ugly, the water was fragmented and chaotic. His results show the power words and their vibration have on water.
Our bodies are made up a large percentage of water so if Dr. Emoto found positive words affected the water, why would it not affect the water in our bodies? You can also sing this mantra to yourself or another person with the intention to bring healing.
Meditation + Ceremony to Heal Water
1. Fill a large jug up with water and set it nearby you for the meditation. You can fill up from your tap or if you live near a body of water (ocean, river, lake) fill up your jug with that water.
2. Place the water nearby you during meditation. You can also set crystals and other sacred objects around it.
3. Sit in Easy Pose.
4. Close your eyes.
5. Focus your attention on the water. Set the intention to heal the water with your words.
6. Sing the mantra Yemaya Assessu.
7. Continue for 3 minutes or as long as you feel like.
8. Complete the meditation by thanking the water for all that is has provided for you.
9. Take your mantra water to a nearby body of water.
10. Pour the mantra water back into the body of water. Say prayers of gratitude and blessings for healing to the water.
Thank you to these helpful resources: